In this article, we are going to give you the Most Useful Physics MCQs with answers, These are the Physics Mcqs that are collected from various sources such as NTS Past papers, FPSC past papers, and entrance test of different universities of Pakistan. These Physics MCQs will help the students to get higher marks in physics subject.
Particularly for, physics MCQs for class 9, physics MCQs for class 10, physics MCQs for class 11, and physics MCQs for class 12
NTS Electrical Engineering MCQs
1. The SI unit of Heat is?
2. Two automobiles are 150 kilometers apart and traveling toward each other. One automobile is moving at 60km/h and the other is moving at 40km/h mph. In how many hours will they meet?
3. The branch of science which deals with the properties of matter and energy is called?
4. Physics is one of the branches of?
A. Physical sciences
B. Biological sciences
C. Social science
D. Life sciences branch
5. Which branch of science plays an important role in engineering?
D. All of these
6. The most fundamental of all sciences which provides basic principles and fundamental laws to other branches of science is?
C. information technology
7. The Branch of Physics deals with highly energetic ions is called?
A. Elementary articles
B. Article physics
C. Ionic physics
D. Plasma physics
8. The branch of Physics deals with nuclear particles such as neutrons, protons and nuclear?
A. Solid State Physics
B. Plasma Physics
C. structure is called
D. Nuclear Physics
E. Particle Physics
9. The branch of Physics which deals with properties of gravitational?
A. Field theory
C. Hydro dynamic
10. The branch of physics which deals with the living things is called?
A. biological sciences
B. physical sciences
C. cell systems
D. elementary physics
11. The physics of moving charge particles is known as?
A. Plasma physics
12. Study of living science relates with?
A. Physical science
B. Biological science
C. Just living science
D. Organ science
13. The first book of Physics was written by?
14. Which one of the following is massless?
15. Name the branch of science which deals with the study of sound and sound waves?
16. The formula of inter-conversion of centigrade and Fahrenheit scale is?
B. f -32/9 =c/5
17. The co efficient of linear expansion is equal to?
A. ΔL = αLΔT
18. The unit of coefficient of linear expansion or volume expansion is?
C. K -2
19. linear expansion occurs in?
20. When body is in motion, always changes?
A. its velocity
B. its acceleration
C. its position vector
D. its momentum
21. A man is in a car is moving with velocity of 36km/hr. His speed with repect to the car is?
22. Area under velocity time graph represent?
23. Instantaneous and average velocities become equal when body?
A. has zero acceleration
B. has uniform acceleration
C. has variable acceleration
D. moves in a circle
24. Inertia of an object is quantitative measure of its?
25. 1st law of motion gives the definition of?
26. 3rd law of motion explains?
A. effect of force
B. existence of a force
C. existence of two forces
D. existence of pair of forces in nature
27. The dimension of force is?
28. Which of the following pair has same direction always?
A. force, displacement
B. force, velocity
C. force, acceleration
D. force, momentum
29. The collision between two bodies be elastic if bodies are?
A. solid and soft
B. soft and elastic
C. solid and hard
D. hard and elastic
30. When car takes turn around a curve road, the passengers feel a force acting on them in a direction away from the center of the curve. It is due to?
A. Centripetal force
B. Gravitational force
C. Their inertia
D. Centrifugal force
31. What is the shape of velocity, time graph for constant acceleration?
A. straight inclined line.
C. inclined curve
D. declined curve
32. Which shows the correct relation between time of flight T and maximum height H?
33. Taking off rocket can be explained by?
A. 1st law of motion
B. 2nd law of motion
C. Law of conservation of momentum
D. law of conservation of energy
34. What is the angle of projection for which the range and maximum height become equal?
A. tan-1 ¼
B. tan-1 4
C. tan-1 ½
D. tan-1 2
35. Distance covered by a freely falling body in 2 seconds will be?
A. 4.9 m
B. 19.6 m
C. 39.2 m
D. 44.1 m
36. Flight of a rocket in the space is an example of?
A. second law of motion
B. third law of motion
C. first law of motion
D. law of gravitation
37. At which angle the range of the projectile is maximum?
38. Time rate of change of momentum is equal to?
D. both A and C
39. Why Ballistic missile fails in some circumstances of precision?
A. due to their shape
B. due to air resistance
C. due to angle of projection
D. all of these
40. A body is moving with uniform velocity. Its?
A. speed changes
B. acceleration changes
C. direction of motion changes
D. displacement from origin changes
41. When velocity time graph is a straight line parallel to time axis then?
A. acceleration is const
B. acceleration is variable
C. acceleration is zero
D. velocity is zero
42. The slope of the velocity-time graph is?
43. Which law of motion is also called the law of inertia?
A. 1st law
B. 2nd law
C. 3rd law
D. all 1st, 2nd and 3rd laws
44. Newtons laws do not hold good for particles?
A. at rest
B. moving slowly
C. move with high velocity
D. move with velocity comparable to velocity of light
45. 2nd law of motion gives the definition of?
D. both force and acceleration
46. Momentum depends upon?
A. force acts on the body
B. mass of the body
C. velocity of the body
D. both mass and velocity of the body
47. When a body moves in a straight line then its displacement coincides with?
C. acceleration is zero
D. both A and B
48. Motorcycle safety helmet extends the time of collision hence decreasing the?
A. chance of collision
B. force acting
49. During long jump, the athlete runs before taking the jump. By doing so he?
A. provide him a larger inertia
B. decreases his inertia
C. decreases his momentum
D. increases his momentum
50. A body is falling freely under gravity. How much distance it falls during an interval of time between 1st and 2nd seconds of its motion, taking g=10?
A. 14 m
B. 20 m
C. 5 m
D. 25 m
51. When collision between the bodies in a system is inelastic in nature then for system?
A. momentum changes but K.E remain conserve
B. K.E changes but momentum remain conserve
C. both momentum and K.E changes
D. both momentum and K.E remain conserve
52. The acceleration in the rocket at any instant is proportional to the nth power of the velocity of the expelled gases. Where the value of n must be?
53. Which of the following is not an example of projectile motion?
A. a gas filled ballon
B. bullet fired from gun
C. a football kicked
D. a base ball shot
54. The thrust on the rocket in the absence of gravitational force of attraction is?
B. not constant
C. constant if the rate of ejected gases is constant
D. constant for short range rocket.
55. When two bodies move toward each other with constant speeds the distance between them decreases at the rate of 6m / sec. If they move in the same direction the distance between them increases at the rate of 4m/sec. Then their speeds are?
A. 5m/s, 1m/s
B. 3m/s, 3m/s
C. 6m/s, 1m/s
D. 4m/s, 2m/s
56. The distance covered by a body in time t starting from rest is?
57. The trajectory (or path) of a projectile is?
A. straight line
58. The force beared by a wall on which water strikes normally at a speed of 10m/sec and at a discharge of 0.0001m3/sec is?
A. 1 N
B. 10 N
C. 100 N
59. The range of the projectile at 30 deg and 60 deg are?
A. equal to 45 deg
B. equal to 90 deg
C. equal to each other
D. none of the above
60. Waves transmit from one place to another?
61. The distance between any two consecutive crests or troughs is called?
C. Wave length
D. phase difference
62. In vibrating cord points where the amplitude is maximum, are called?
63. A stationary wave is set up in the air column of a closed pipe. At the closes end of the pipe?
A. always an node in formed
B. always an antinode is formed
C. neither node nor antinode is formed
D. sometimes a node and sometimes an antinode is formed
64. According to Newton sound travel in air under the conditions of?
65. Velocity of sound in vacuum is?
A. 332 ms-1
B. 320 ms-1
D. 224 ms-1
66. The velocity of sound is greatest in?
67. The velocity of sound in air would become double than its velocity at 0°C at temperature?
68. Ultrasonic have?
A. frequency in the audible range
B. frequency is greater than 20 kHz
C. frequency lower than 20 Hz
D. all of above
69. The number of beats produced per second is equal to?
A. the sum of the frequencies of two tuning forks
B. the difference of the frequencies of two tuning forks
C. the ratio of the frequencies of two tuning forks
D. the frequency of either of the two tuning forks
70. Silence zone takes place due to?
A. constructive interference
B. destructive interference
71. When the source of sound moves away form a stationary listener then occurs?
A. an apparent increase in frequency
B. an apparent decrease in frequency
C. an apparent decrease in wavelength
D. no apparent change in frequency
72. Which one is the correct relation for fundamental frequency of open and closed pipe?
A. fopen = 2 fclosed
B. fclosed = 2fopen
C. fopen = fclosed
D. fopen = 1 / f closed
73. Newton estimated the speed of sound?
D. all of the above
74. The speed of sound in hydrogen is time than that in oxygen?
A. Two times
B. Three times
C. Four time
D. Six time
75. The speed of stationary waves in a stretched string are independent of?
A. Number of loops
B. Tension in the string
C. Point where string is plucked
D. both A and C
76. Which phenomena can be applied to estimate the velocity of star with respect to earth?
A. Dopplers effect
B. Interference of waves
C. Beats phenomena
D. All of these
77. The waves that require a material medium for their propagation are called?
A. matter waves
B. electromagnetic waves
C. carrier waves
D. mechanical waves
78. When two identical traveling waves are superimposed, the velocity of the resultant wave?
C. remains unchanged
D. becomes zero
79. If stretching force T of wire increases, then its frequency?
C. remains the same
D. any of above
80. It is possible to distinguish between transverse and longitudinal waves form the property of?
This is all about Physics MCQs with their Answer, If you like this post, then share this post with your friends and family so they could also get the maximum benefit from this information, and if you have any information regarding various MCAT, ECAT tests and getting Jobs in Pakistan then please comment down below your experience so that, our viewers can get benefit from your knowledge.
APPRECIATE US by share this post with your friends and family.
Leave a Reply