In this article, we are going to give you the Most Useful Physics MCQs For Entry Test with answers, These are the Physics Mcqs that are collected from various sources such as NTS Past papers, FPSC past papers, and entrance test of different universities of Pakistan. These Physics MCQs will help the students to get higher marks in physics subject.
Physics MCQs For Entry Test
1. The rectangular coordinate system is also called?
A. Polar coordinate system
B. Cartesian coordinate system
C. Cylindrical coordinate system
D. Spherical coordinate system
2. Maximum number of rectangular components are?
3. Cosθi^ + Sinθj^ is a?
B. Position Vector
C. Vector in the direction at angle θ with an x-axis
D. The unit vector in the direction at angle θ with an x-axis
4. Maximum number of components of a vector may be?
5. Which one is not correct for a vector A= 2i+2j+3k?
A. Has direction 45° with an x-axis
B. Has magnitude 2
C. Has magnitude 2 and direction °=45° with a y-axis
D. Has magnitude -2
6. The resultant of two forces of equal magnitudes is also equal to the magnitude of the forces. The angle between the two forces is?
7. Three coplanar forces acting on a body keep it in equilibrium. They should therefore be?
8. Which of the following pairs does not have identical dimensions?
A. Torque and energy
B. Momentum and impulse
C. Energy and work
D. Mass and moment of inertia
9. It is easier to turn a steering wheel with both hands than with a single hand because?
A. Accelerating force increases on the wheel
B. Two forces act on the wheel
C. Two hands provide a firm grip
D. The couple acts on the wheel
10. The cross product i^ x j^ is equal to?
NTS Electrical Engineering MCQs
11. The unit vector in the direction of vector A = 2 i^ -2j^ + k^ is?
A. 2i^ – 2j^ + k^
B. (2i^ – 2j^ +k^)/9
C. (2i^ – 2j^ +k^)/3
D. (2i^ – 2j^ +k^)/5
12. The cross product of two vectors is a negative vector when?
A. They are parallel vectors
B. They are anti parallel vectors
C. They are a perpendicular vector
D. They are rotated through 270°
13. In which quadrant, the only value of tan will be positive?
D. Both 1st and 3rd
14. The magnitude of i^. (j^ x k^) is?
15. If A=Ax i^ + Ay j^ + Az K^ B = Bx i^ + By j^ + Bz K^ then?
A. A. B = Ax Bx + Ay By + Az Bz
B. A. B = Ax By + Ay Bz + Az By
C. A. B = Ay Bz + Az By + Az Bx
D. A. B = Ax Bz + Ay By + Az Bx
16. A central force is that which?
A. Can produce torque
B. Cannot produce torque
C. Some time can produce torque some time cannot
D. Has no relation with torque
17. What is the angle that the given vector makes with y-axis and A=2i+3j?
18. In which quadrant the two rectangular components of a vector have same sign?
C. Both 1st and 3rd
19. Two vectors A and B are making angle θ with each other. The scalar projection of vector B on vector A is written as?
D. Both a and b are correct
20. Two vectors are A = 3i^+2j^ -k^& B = 3i^-2j^ +k^ , then?
A. B is anti-parallel to A
B. B is a negative vector of A
C. B has a negative magnitude
D. B is perpendicular to A
21. If A=B, which of the following is not correct?
A. A.B = A^ B^
B. |A| = |B|
C. |A^| = |B^|
D. AB^ = BA^
22. I ^. (j^ x k^) is equal to?
23. The direction of the vector product is given by?
A. Head to tail rule
B. Right-hand rule
C. Left-hand rule
D. Triangular rule
24. If east, west, north, south, up and down are representing the direction of unit vectors, then east x south has the direction along?
25. Null vector is a vector which has?
A. Zero magnitude
B. No specified direction
C. Both A and B are correct
D. Both A and B are not correct
26. Which one is a unit vector?
A. ??3 i^ + ??3 j^ + ??3 k^
B. 1/??3 i^ + 1/??3 j^ +1/ ??3 k^
C. ??3 / 3 i^ + ??3 / 3 j^ + ??3 / 3 k^
D. Both B and C are correct
27. An angle between two vectors A and B can be determined by?
A. Their dot product
B. Their cross product
C. Head to tail rule
D. Right-hand rule
28. The magnitude of the cross product is equal to the dot product between them. The angle between the two vectors is?
29. Torque is defined as?
A. Turning effect of force
B. Cross product of position vector and force
C. Product of force and moment arm
D. All A, B and C are correct
30. The dimension of torque is?
31. SI unit of torque is?
A. N. m
C. Both a and b are correct
D. Neither a nor b is correct
32. Torque acting on a body determines?
B. Linear acceleration
C. Angular acceleration
D. Direction of motion of the body
33. A body in equilibrium?
A. Always at rest
B. Always in uniform motion
C. May be at rest or in uniform motion
D. May be at rest or in motion
34. A body will be in complete equilibrium when it is satisfying?
A. 1st condition of equilibrium
B. 2nd condition of equilibrium
C. Both 1st and 2nd condition of equilibrium
35. Which one is not a type of dynamic equilibrium?
A. Rotational equilibrium
B. Translational equilibrium
C. Static equilibrium
D. Both A and C are correct answer
36. According to which one of following law the density of atom is uniform?
A. J.J.Thomson model
B. Rutherfords model
C. Bohrs model
D. All of the above laws contradict the statement
37. In the nucleus of uranium, the number of neutrons will be?
D. Different for different isotopes
38. During fusion of hydrogen into helium?
A. Energy is absorbed
B. Energy is released
C. Mass is increased due to energy absorption
D. Mass is reduced due to the energy released
39. One AMU is equal to?
A. 1.66 x 10-27kg
B. 166 x 10-15ng
C. 166 x 10-20g
D. All of above
40. For chain reaction to build up the size of the radioactive target should be?
A. Greater than the critical size
B. Less than the critical size
C. Equal to the critical size
D. All of above can build up a change reaction
41. Antimatter consists of ?
D. All of above
42. Neutron and proton are commonly known as?
43. Which one of the following radiation possesses maximum penetrating power?
D. All have the equal penetrating power
A. Can exist inside the nucleus
B. Cannot exist inside the nucleus
C. Can exist both inside and outside the nucleus
D. Do not know
45. Radioactivity is a (A) Spontaneous activity (B) Chemical property?
A. A & B
B. B & C
C. C & A
D. A B & C
46. The energy liberated when one atom of U-235 undergoes fission reaction is?
47. Transuranic elements have an atomic number?
A. Greater than 72
B. Greater than 82
C. Greater than 92
D. Greater than 102
48. Nuclear forces exist between?
D. All of the above
49. Mass defect per nucleon is?
A. The binding energy of the nucleus
B. Packing fraction
C. The average energy of the nucleus
D. All of above are one and the same thing
50. The bombardment of nitrogen with alpha particles will produce?
This is all about Physics MCQs For Entry Test, If you like this post, then share this post with your friends and family so they could also get the maximum benefit from this information, and if you have any information regarding various MCAT, ECAT tests and getting Jobs in Pakistan then please comment down below your experience so that, our viewers can get benefit from your knowledge.
APPRECIATE US by share this post with your friends and family.
Leave a Reply