In this article, we are going to give you the Most Useful Basic Physics MCQs with answers, These are the Physics Mcqs that are collected from various sources such as NTS Past papers, FPSC past papers, and entrance test of different universities of Pakistan. These Basic Physics MCQs will help the students to get higher marks in physics subject.
Particularly for, physics MCQs for class 9, physics MCQs for class 10, physics MCQs for class 11, and physics MCQs for class 12
Basic Physics MCQ
1. When one mirror of a Michelson Interferometer is moved a distance of 0.5 mm we observe 2000 fringes. What will be wavelength of light used?
A. 5000 nm
2. Wavelength of X-rays falling at glancing angle of 30? on a crystal with atmic spacing 2 x 10-10 for the fist order diffraction is?
A. 4 x 10-10 m
B. 2 x 10-10 m
3. In a plane polarized light?
A. vibration in all direction
B. vibration in two mutually perpendicular directions
C. vibration take place in a direction perpendicular to the direction of propagation of light
D. no vibration at all
4. Which one of the following cannot be polarized?
A. radio waves
B. ultraviolot rays
D. sound waves
5. In monochromatic red light a blue book will probably appear to be?
D. no scientific reasoning available
6. In double slit experiment if one of the two slit is covered then?
A. no interference fringes are observed
B. no diffraction fringes are observed
C. no fringes observed
D. interference pattern not disturbed
7. In the shadow of a ball the central portion appears bright that happens due to?
8. Crystals of a material can behave as?
A. Convex lens
C. Diffraction grating
9. Which is not optically active?
B. tartaric acid
D. sodium chlorate
10. When light incident normally on thin film the path difference depends upon?
A. thickness of the film only
B. nature of the film only
C. angle of indidence only
D. all thickness nature and angle of incidence
NTS Electrical Engineering MCQs
11. Light reaches the earth form sun in nearly?
A. 15 minutes
B. 10 minutes
C. 8 minutes
D. 8 minutes 30 seconds
12. According to Einstein light travels form one place to another in the form of?
D. it was not his discovery
13. Central spot of Newtons rings?
B. dark for large wavelength
D. bright for large wavelength
14. The locus of all points in a medium having the same phase of vibration is called?
D. wave front
15. Two sources of light are coherent if they emit rays of?
A. same wavelength
B. same amplitude of vibration
C. same wave length with constant phase difference
D. same amplitude and wavelength
16. The velocity of light was determined accurately by?
17. appearance of colour in thin films is due to ?
18. A light ray traveling form rarer to denser medium suffers a phase change of?
19. Diffraction effect is?
A. more for a round edge
B. less for a round edge
C. more for a sharp edge
D. less for a sharp edge
20. A diffraction grating has 500 lines per mm. Its slit spacing or grating element will be equal to?
A. 500 mm
B. 5 x 10-3 mm
C. 2 x 10-5 mm
D. 2 x 10-3 mm
21. Light on passing through a Polaroid is?
A. plane polarized
C. circularly polarized
D. elliptically polarized
22. Diffraction fringes are?
A. equally spaced
B. distance between them increases
C. distance between then decreases
D. they are adjacent with no space in between
23. A thing that emits its own light is?
24. Gives the definition of meter in terms of wavelength of red cadmium light?
25. Which experiment shows that wavelength of light is smaller than that of sound?
26. When a force is parallel to the direction of motion of the body, then work done on the body is?
27. If a body a mass of 2 kg is raised vertically through 2m, then the work done will be?
A. 38.2 J
B. 392.1 J
C. 39.2 J
D. 3.92 J
28. The average power and instantaneous power become equal if work is done at?
A. any rate
B. at variable rate
C. at uniform rate
D. at high rate
29. Proton electron neutron and a particle have same momentum. Which of them have highest K.E?
30. Work done by variable force is determined by dividing?
A. force into small interval
B. displacement into small interval
C. both force and displacement into small intervals
D. force into small and displacement into large intervals
31. The escape velocity of a body in gravitational field of earth is independent of?
A. its mass
B. the angle at which it is thrown
C. both its mass and the angle at which it is thrown
D. gravitational field of earth
32. The source of geothermal energy is?
A. decay of radioactive element in the earth
B. compression of material in the earth
C. residual lost of the earth
D. all as said in A – B and C
33. Work done by the force of friction is?
A. always positive
B. always negative
C. positive only for small frictional force
D. positive only for large frictional force
34. If velocity is doubled then?
A. momentum increases 4 times and K.E increases 2 times
B. momentum and K.E. remain same
C. momentum increases 2 times and K.E increases constant
D. momentum increases 2 times and K.E increases 4 time
35. Which of the following is not conservative force?
36. The consumption of energy by a 60 watt bulb in 2 sec is?
A. 120 J
B. 60 J
C. 30 J
D. 0.02 J
37. The escape velocity form the earth surface in km S-1 is?
A. 4.2 km S-1
B. 7.5 km S-1
C. 9.5 km S-1
D. 1.1 km S-1
38. If moon radius is 1600 km and g on its surface is 1.6 ms-2 then the escape velocity on the moon is?
A. 1600 ms-1
B. 50.6 ms-1
C. 71.6 ms-1
39. When arrow is released from its bow, its energy is transformed from?
A. heat energy to K.E
B. elastic P.E to K.E
C. chemical energy to elastic P.E
D. K.E to elastic P.E.
40. The work done by friction is?
D. none of these
41. The dimension of power is?
D. none of these
42. The dot product of force and velocity is?
43. The source of tidal energy is?
C. both A and B
44. On a clear day at noon the solar energy reaching the earth is?
C. 1 kw/m2
45. Work done will be maximum if the angle between the force F and displacement d is?
46. A field in which the work done in a moving a body along closed path is zero is called?
A. electric field
B. conservative field
C. electromagnetic field
D. gravitational field
47. Which of the following types of force can do no work on the particle on which it acts?
A. frictional force
B. gravitational force
C. elastic force
D. centripetal force
48. An elevator weighing 3.5 x 10-6 N is raised to a height of 1000 m in the absence of friction, the work done is?
A. 3.5 x 103 J
B. 3.5 x 104 J
C. 3.5 x 106 J
D. 3.5 x 109 J
49. The relation between horse power and watt is?
A. 1 hp = 546 watts
B. 1 hp = 746 watts
C. 1 hp = 1000 watts
D. 1 hp = 946 watts
50. Slope of work time graph is equal to?
51. Work done on the body equals to the?
A. change in its K.E always
B. change in its P.E always
C. change in its K.E and change in its P.E
D. neither change in K.E and nor change in its P.E
52. The tides raise the mater in the see roughly in a day?
C. four time
D. eight time
53. The highest value of escape velocity in solar system is planet?
54. Gravitational P.E of a body has?
A. no formula
B. a formula mgh only
C. a formula
D. no general formula
55. When the speed of a moving body is doubled then?
A. its K.E is doubled
B. its acceleration is doubled
C. its P.E is doubled
D. its momentum is doubled
56. One mega Watt-hour is equal to?
A. 36 x 106 J
B. 36 x 1012 J
C. 36 x 109 J
D. 36 x 108 J
57. Work has the dimension as that of same as that of?
B. angular momentum
C. linear momentum
58. The relation between the escape velocity V esc and orbital speed Vo is given by?
A. V esc = 1/2Vo
B. V esc = -2 Vo
C. V esc = Vo
D. V esc = 2Vo
59. When two protons are brought together?
A. Kinetic energy increases
B. P.E. between them increases
C. P.E. between them decreases
D. P.E. between tem does not change
60. A man lifts vertically a weight of 40kg through 1m in 10s; while a chile lifts vertically a weight of 10kg through a distance of 1m in 1s. What will be correct inference?
A. man does more work than child
B. child does more work than man
C. both do the same amount of work
D. it is a foolish question
This is all about Basic Physics MCQs, If you like this post, then share this post with your friends and family so they could also get the maximum benefit from this information, and if you have any information regarding various MCAT, ECAT tests and getting Jobs in Pakistan then please comment down below your experience so that, our viewers can get benefit from your knowledge.
APPRECIATE US by share this post with your friends and family.
Leave a Reply