In this article, you will get all information regarding Antelope Pedestrian Fatality in Car Crash
Pedestrian Fatality Accident Occurs on Antelope Road
A pedestrian fatality occurred in Antelope on March 14 after a person on foot was hit by a motor vehicle while crossing the street. The incident occurred along Antelope Road near Daly Avenue around 4:00 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The North Highlands driver of a BMW was traveling west along Antelope Road and was apparently unable to stop in time to avoid striking the pedestrian.
No Charges Filed in Pedestrian Fatality Accident
The walker died at the accident scene. The deceased’s name has not yet been released pending notification of the family by the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office. The vehicle’s driver remained at the scene and was uninjured in the incident. It appeared that neither drugs nor alcohol factored into the crash.
Losing a Loved One in a Pedestrian Fatality Accident
Losing a loved one in a pedestrian fatality accident can be overwhelming and traumatic for survivors. It is important to seek professional help if you suffer from the emotional and mental anguish of such a tragedy. It is also important to be aware of your legal rights, as survivors may have the right to seek financial compensation for their losses by filing a wrongful death claim.
In California, a wrongful death claim can be filed either by the administrator of the decedent’s estate or by the immediate family members. Immediate family members include the spouse and children of the deceased. If the deceased has no spouse or children, the parents and/or siblings may be able to file a claim.
How an Injury Lawyer Helps
When loved ones are killed in a pedestrian accident, their families may be able to seek justice by filing a wrongful death claim. This is where a personal injury lawyer comes in. A personal injury lawyer helps surviving family members understand their legal rights, evaluate their claims, gather evidence of liability and pursue compensation for damages. The financial compensation they help to obtain can recover the following damages:
- Loss of consortium may be recovered by the surviving spouse.
- Funeral and burial costs may be recouped.
- Lost wages (current and future until retirement age) are recoverable as well as pension and insurance benefits as well as others.
- Pain and suffering/emotional trauma compensation is recoverable.
- Loss of inheritance can be recovered in some situations. This is the amount beneficiaries in the decedent’s will would have inherited had that person lived.
- Loss of companionship or parental care such as nurturing and guidance can be recovered. Parental care refers to natural or adopted children and stepchildren who received at least half their support from the decedent.
- Loss of household help, which is the chores the decedent performed around the home regularly may be recovered. These may include lawn care, tending to the children, tax preparation and others.
Antelope Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, an Antelope personal injury lawyer. Nothing can replace the loss of a loved one, but the financial strain may make matters worse. For free and friendly advice on how to move forward with a wrongful death claim after losing a loved one to a negligent driver, please call (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. If it is easier for you to contact us online, you can do so.
We are honored to belong to these groups, which are reserved for injury lawyers whose settlements are high and whose clients receive excellent service:
My law firm and how our accident attorneys helped others are described below:
Photo attribution: Image by Myriams-Fotos from Pixabay
:cd llo 
Antelope Pedestrian Fatality in Car Crash
For more visit studentsheart.com
Latest News by studentsheart.com
Leave a Reply